Apple Crisp Frappuccino: Make The Starbucks Favourite At Home
Do you crave the fall flavours of apple and spice year round? Indulge your taste buds with this Starbucks apple crisp frappuccino recipe! It’s easy to make with just coffee, ice, milk, flavoured syrup, spice, and whipped cream. Plus, you’ll get to save a few bucks versus the coffee shop.
Read on for our Starbucks Apple Crisp Frappuccino recipe, and enjoy the delectable taste of apple, cinnamon, and brown sugar in your brew.
What You Need
- 2 shots of espresso
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup oat milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar syrup
- 2 tbsp apple-flavored syrup
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- Tall glass
At A Glance
One drink (355 ml)
Helpful Hints and Tips
- If you don’t have espresso, brew 90 ml of strong, dark roast coffee with any brewing method. We recommend a French press, Moka pot, or AeroPress to mimic the mouthfeel of espresso. For a more clean, crisp cup to compliment the notes of apple, try a pour over method.
- Swap whipped cream for coconut whipped topping to make this frappuccino dairy-free and vegan-friendly. You can easily make your own by chilling coconut cream or coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Then, separate the hardened cream from any liquid, and whip the cream with a handheld or electric mixer until light peaks form (1).
- Missing brown sugar syrup? Use caramel syrup or maple syrup to give the desired smoky sweetness.
- It may be hard to come by apple-flavoured syrup. In that case, cook ¼ cup of apple juice or even organic apple sauce in a small saucepan until it reduces to 2 tablespoons.
- Not sold on apple-and-spice? Try one of our other copycat frappuccino recipes, like the Strawberry creme or Cotton candy drink.
How To Make Apple Crisp Frappuccino
The apple crisp oat milk frappuccino is one of the most popular beverages from Starbucks – no mean feat given their extensive Frappuccino list. Now it’s your turn to recreate this apple delight. Here’s how to make one.
1. Prepare Your Brew And Ice
Pull a double shot of espresso. For an afternoon or evening frappuccino, consider making it decaf.
Once your espresso is ready, add it to your blender along with cubed or crushed ice.
Pro Tip: Make your ice cubes from coffee brewed the night before. This way, you won’t dilute the coffee flavour of your frappuccino if you love to savour your drink for long periods of time!
2. Make The Simple Syrup
Pour 1 tbsp each of brown sugar syrup and apple syrup into your blender.
If you are lucky enough to come across the brown sugar Starbucks apple crisp syrup, you can use that. You’ll have to hunt for it online as it is only available seasonally and, sadly, not sold in Starbucks stores.
Pro Tip: You can easily create your own brown sugar syrup by combining 1 cup of granulated brown sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan on medium heat. Let it simmer, and remove from heat once the sugar has fully dissolved (2).
3. Add Milk, Spice, And Blend It All Nice
Measure 1 cup of oat milk into your blender. Then add 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice.
You can either buy premade apple pie spice or make your own by combining 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon, 1 tsp each of nutmeg powder and ground cardamom, and ½ tsp each of ground allspice and ground ginger (3).
Blend until you reach a smooth consistency.
4. Garnish And Serve
Pour your drink into a tall glass and top it with optional whipped cream. For a tasty and visually-stunning element, drizzle apple syrup in zigzags and dust apple pie spice on top.
Pro Tip: Craving a chocoholic cold coffee? It’s easy to alter this recipe to make a Java chip cream frap!
An apple crisp frappuccino is within reach and just a few minutes away. Preparing a copycat Starbucks apple crisp frappuccino in the comfort of your own home is as easy as blending espresso, ice, milk, and syrup. Even if you’re missing some ingredients or would rather skip a few others, you’ll still satisfy your apple spice craving and get a delectable morning pick-me-up along with it!
Both the copycat and the original Starbucks apple crisp frappuccino taste like creamy apple pie filling, with layers of apple and brown sugar flavours. It’s a refreshing drink that will transport you to a crisp fall day with one sip.
The Starbucks apple crisp oatmilk frappuccino beverage contains ice, oat milk, coffee frappuccino syrup, coffee, whipped cream, apple brown sugar syrup, and spiced apple drizzle. There is also 2% or less of various ingredients like xanthan gum, canola oil, brown sugar, caramelized sugar, salt, cinnamon, calcium carbonate, malic acid, potassium sorbate, tricalcium phosphate, dipotassium phosphate, citric acid, vanilla syrup, apple juice concentrate, and dicalcium phosphate. A grande has 420 calories, 100 mg of caffeine, and 60 g of sugars (4).
No, the Starbucks apple crisp macchiato is not new this year. Starbucks first introduced it in August of 2021 in both iced and hot versions. It keeps flitting in and off the menu, so keep your eyes peeled for its return!
- Minimalist Baker. (n.d.). How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream. Retrieved May 3, 2023, from https://minimalistbaker.com/how-to-make-coconut-whipped-cream/
- Carmy. (2023, March 20). Brown Sugar Syrup. Retrieved May 3, 2023, from https://carmyy.com/brown-sugar-syrup/
- My Baking Addiction. (n.d.). Apple Pie Spice. Retrieved May 3, 2023, from https://www.mybakingaddiction.com/apple-pie-spice/
- Starbucks Coffee Company. (n.d.). Apple Crisp Oatmilk Frappuccino® Blended Beverage. Retrieved May 1, 2023, from https://www.starbucks.com/menu/product/2123564/iced