Drew Barrymore Coffee Maker Review – A Waste of Money?
Actress, author, director, talk show host, producer, and … coffee maker? From the beautiful Drew Barrymore comes the equally Beautiful Drew Barrymore Coffee Maker. Now you can enjoy your brew along with your favourite rom-coms like 50 First Dates, Music and Lyrics, and He’s Just Not That Into You, knowing your entertainment and cup of coffee were both brought to you by a loveable Hollywood icon.
Read more in our Drew Barrymore Coffee Maker review.
Summary: The Drew Barrymore Coffee Maker
- Capable of batch brewing 14 cups in under 14 minutes.
- Programmable in advance up to 24 hours.
- Features a Touch-Activated Display
I love the color look and feel of this unit. It is a very attractive piece to any kitchen. As far as functionality goes it has a pretty easy to operate touch interface with lots of options for a reasonably priced coffeemaker.– Curtis, Drew Barrymore Coffee Maker Owner
The Full Drew Barrymore Coffee Machine Review
Fans of Drew Barrymore will be familiar with her remarkable on-screen talents. Now they’ll see some of her other surprising skills in the kitchen with her coffee maker!
The Drew Barrymore Coffee Maker is also the Beautiful 14-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with a Touch-Activated Display. The Beautiful Kitchenware line, or Beautiful by Drew Barrymore, is in collaboration with Walmart. This line has other products besides its new coffee maker, coined Beautiful by Drew Barrymore, including a toaster, an air fryer, and more.
Is this Beautiful coffee maker just a pretty face, or can it produce a good cup, too? Let’s find out.
Design – 3/5
The Drew Barrymore Coffee Maker is elegant and sleek with its premium soft matte finish. It’s also not shy about its use of counter space. The coffee maker measures 21.7 x 18.5 x 37.5 cm and weighs 2.2 kg (1). Perhaps the best thing about it is five different aesthetically-pleasing colour options: black sesame, cornflower blue, oyster gray, sage green, and white icing.
Included with the purchase of a Drew Barrymore Coffee Maker is a carafe with a borosilicate glass base. It has an ergonomic handle with signature gold steel accents and a perfect-pour spout with no-drip. A replaceable charcoal water filter, a measuring scoop, and a reusable gold filter basket with signature steel accents is also included with your purchase.
Customers have noted that one of the Drew Barrymore Coffee Maker problems is that the plastic casing is less sturdy than other materials like stainless steel and doesn’t fully fit together. Depending on their construction, some plastic coffee makers may also result in harmful chemicals transferring from them into the beverages they make while turning on.
More attention should be given to other drinks packaged with polyethylene terephthalate plastic, such as milk, coffee and acidic juice.
This is due to the heat, which releases antimony chemicals and bisphenol A, or BPA (2).
The touchscreen on this coffee maker illuminates as needed without additional buttons, dials, or knobs. However, the screen glows quite faintly and is difficult to see.
We took off two points: one for the plastic casing construction and one for the barely visible touchscreen, adding friction to an otherwise streamlined coffee-making experience.
Features – 5/5
The Beautiful 14-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker brews 14 cups of coffee in less than 14 minutes with its powerful 1200-watt system. Your coffees will stay warm for up to four hours post-brewing with the Drew Barrymore Coffee Maker Keep Warm Mode. If you’re reading this thinking this is simply too much coffee to brew in one sitting, you’re in luck! There’s a 1-4 Cup function that permits small batch brewing for the more reasonable coffee drinkers among us.
While your coffee is brewing at any point, press the No-Wait Pause And Serve function. Doing so allows you to pour a cup of coffee while continuing to brew more!
This coffee maker also features an automatic shut-off function that is adjustable anytime between half an hour to four hours.
But wait, there’s more! This coffee maker is programmable up to 24 hours in advance. That means you can configure this machine’s settings so that you wake up to coffee already waiting warmly for you! Talk about your coffee working for you every step of the way!
Ease Of Use – 5/5
Easy, breezy, beautiful. Drew Barrymore’s Beautiful Coffee Maker has fully programmable settings that allow you to select the brew type and strength with an easy tap. There are three main delicious brew options: Regular, Gourmet, and Bold. Their differences are subtle, but coffee connoisseurs are sure to pick up on this.
This machine is not only easy to use but also easy to clean, and it has a special cleaning cycle that illuminates when needed on its soft-glow Touch-Activated Display. Remove the charcoal water filter, but keep the reusable filter basket as you pour your descaling vinegar solution (3).
Do not microwave this coffee maker. Do not use hot water in it either, and heat going into this machine damages it over time
The carafe is dishwasher-safe, though you may opt to wash it by hand with warm soapy water instead. The warming plate of the coffee maker is easy to clean, nonstick, and stain-resistant.
Value For Money – 4/5
The 14-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker has a decent value for money. It is worth $80 CAN, an affordable price for a home machine to make suitable cups of coffee when other similar coffee makers sell for a couple hundred to a couple of thousand dollars. You’ll also save money in the long run by not having to constantly buy new paper filters due to its use of a mesh.
We took off one point as it is still not one of the cheapest options.
Things we liked:
- Swift batch brewing with 14 cups in under 14 minutes.
- Programmable up to a full 24-hour day in advance.
- User-friendly with a Touch-Activated Display.
Things we didn’t like:
- The Touch-Activated Display is barely visible.
- The overall design is bulky and flimsy.
- The machine has a plastic casing.
Do Not Buy If…
- You don’t have the counter space – Let’s face it: The Drew Barrymore Coffee Maker is pretty hefty in size. As much as you love your coffee, you probably want to have some space leftover for more than one device on your kitchen counter. If this is the case, perhaps the Keurig K-Mini Plus Coffee Maker is the one for you. Although it does use K-Cup coffee pods, which is a matter of personal preference if you wish to drink instant coffee like this, it is as tiny as it gets.
- You want a more budget-friendly option – The Drew Barrymore Coffee Maker is fairly inexpensive. But if you’re looking to save even more money wherever you can check out our review of some of the cheapest coffee makers, like the Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker.
If these alternatives still don’t appease you, check out some of these best drip coffee makers.
Drew Barrymore is a Hollywood icon who created her coffee maker as part of her Beautiful Kitchenware line. This 14-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker has a Touch-Activated Display, and you can program it 24 hours in advance. It brews 14 cups in about 14 minutes!
What’s the catch? The Touch-Activated Display is difficult to make out on the Drew Barrymore Coffee Maker, which takes up more counter space than you’d otherwise bargain for. It also has a plastic casing, possibly affecting your health.
Is this the coffee maker for you? It’s a matter of personal preference.
- Beautiful. (2022). 14-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Touch-Activated Display. Retrieved December 22, 2022, from https://beautifulbydrew.com/products/14-cup-prog-touchscreen-coffee-maker
- University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences. (2014, September 22). Don’t drink the (warm) water, study says. Retrieved December 22, 2022, from https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/09/140922110139.htm
- Chen, J. (2021, May 6). How to Clean Your Coffee Maker. Retrieved December 22, 2022, from https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/guides/how-to-clean-coffee-maker/