Here’s how to make a delicious, authentic, Vietnamese egg coffee. You’ll have a hard time going back to regular coffee once you try this.
- 2 tbsp Vietnamese coffee (if that’s not possible, dark-roast coffee is your next best bet)
- 3 cups hot water (90 – 96 °C)
- 1–3 tbsp condensed milk (it’s a little too sweet for me; I just use one)
- 1 tbsp sugar (vanilla sugar if available)
- 2 egg yolks
- Make Vietnamese coffee with a phin placed over each coffee cup. Let drip 4 – 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with sugar till soft peaks form.
- Fold in condensed milk carefully, to preserve the egg-sugar foam.
- With coffee in the bottom of the cup, spoon the egg mixture carefully over the coffee.
- Dust with cocoa powder or cinnamon if desired.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: Vietnamese