Eureka Oro Mignon XL Review
If you read this, you must be ready for a high-caliber coffee grinder. Eureka Oro Mignon XL is the answer for you! A consistent grind is made quickly and quietly each time with its easy-to-use home barista setup. Eureka is a reputable Italian brand that designs and crafts high-quality grinders for coffee and espresso brew alike.
Ready to learn more? Read about our Eureka Oro Mignon XL review.
Summary: The Eureka Oro Mignon XL
- Advanced noise-dampening technology.
- Includes a home barista workstation.
- User-friendly touchscreen interface.
Easy to use, easy to adjust and very consistent grinds. Also a very quiet grinder!– Steven, Eureka Oro Mignon XL Owner
Where To Buy The Eureka Oro Mignon XL
Many reputable retailers sell Eureka Oro Mignon XL. They are all familiar with the Eureka brand, so you are in good hands as you shop for one. Consider the location of these retailers relative to you and the level of enjoyable customer service they offer in addition to the price as you search for your next prosumer-level coffee grinder.
|Whole Latte Love||
|Seattle Coffee Gear||
The Eureka Mignon XL Review
Eureka Oro Mignon XL combines the best of both worlds. It draws its swift and silent skillset from the Atom line of prosumer-level coffee bean grinders and its stylish characteristic aesthetic from the Mignon series. Its noise-dampening technology has been improved since Eureka’s earlier coffee grinder models, and its user-friendly touchscreen interface quells the worries of all coffee lovers, from novices to enthusiasts. Its setup is superb, too, but more on that soon.
Every Eureka Oro Mignon XL is built in Milan, Italy, by the caring hands of coffee lovers. Primarily an espresso-focused grinder, this grinder yields a great variety of precise grinds with more accuracy due to its larger, enhanced grind stepless adjustment dial.
Is the Eureka Oro Mignon XL worth the splurge? That’s up to you, but let’s help you with that decision by examining this espresso grinder’s design, durability, ease of use, grinding capability, and value for money.
Design – 5/5
If a coffee grinder has a classic square aesthetic with an iconic cube-shaped hopper, it’s safe to assume that you’re looking at one of the many types of Eureka Mignon coffee grinders. The Eureka Oro Mignon XL is no exception. It stands out loud and proud with its sturdy, eye-catching, and machine-grade design, donning bold black, chrome, or white color options.
The Oro Mignon XL measures 5.5 x 14.5 x 5 inches with a whopping weight of 7.2 kg due to its larger build than most other grinders. The capacity of the bean hopper is 300 g. Regarding the design, you’re not going to want to keep this one in the cabinet.
The Eureka Oro Mignon XL has an aesthetically pleasing barista workstation for the perfect setup to make home espressos.
This station includes a small brush to clean out the grinds from the espresso grinder, plus a tamp that fits neatly into an affixed tamping storage section.
Durability – 5/5
The entire metal casing of the Eureka Oro Mignon XL makes this espresso grinder durable to withstand the elements, whatever they may be in your kitchen. The only plastic-made parts are the hopper and the top lid of the burr chamber. Coffee grinders by Eureka are usually made with more aluminum or plastic. Yet, all Eureka products are reliably-built in a high-quality fashion due to decades of engineering that went into constructing these home and craft commercial grinders. The short answer is: durability shines with every grind in the Eureka Oro Mignon XL.
Ease Of Use – 5/5
This espresso grinder is as easy as pie or a cup of coffee! The Eureka Oro Mignon XL comes with a well-lit and user-friendly touchscreen interface. It has two different programmable buttons for automatic time dosing and a manual mode. This manual mode is activated by pressing both programmable buttons at once. To use the grind stepless adjustment dial more accurately, press the plus or minus buttons. You can then simultaneously lock your selected choice in place by pressing the plus and minus buttons.
Your grinding settings are kept safe when cleaning and maintaining the Eureka Oro Mignon XL, which is super easy.
All it takes is removing the screw behind the hopper, then pulling out another 2 screws to access the grinds chamber.
More screws are found within this chamber, which also need to be unfastened to clean the burrs directly with a mini vacuum cleaner and brush. This helps to remove any dust, grinds, and general build-up (1).
Extraction and flavour are affected by any lack of cleaning . . . If old coffee gets stuck in the spout, the coffee doesn’t didn’t come out properly, so the performance of your grinder could be affected.
Maintenance is crucial as with long-term use the burrs of the grinder may rust or wear, thus necessitating them to be replaced as they lose their proper functioning (2).
Unlike most other grinders from Eureka, this one can stop in the middle of the grinding process with a handy pause function and is resumable unless you choose to clear the remaining time. This makes it perfect for collapsing a basket of coffee should you need to. Just be sure that if you are stopping mid-grind, you need to resume shortly afterward for the sake of your brew’s quality, as up to 70% of coffee’s retained carbon dioxide and aromatic compounds are lost once it is ground (3).
Grinding Capability – 5/5
The Eureka Oro Mignon XL has 65 mm stainless steel fortified flat burrs that are 30% larger than other Eureka coffee grinders. This coffee grinder has a Eureka-patented diamond-designed interior to optimize the lifespan of the burrs and their efficiency for consistent grinding.
This model is more advanced than any other Eureka model, specifically with its silent grinding technology keeps the noise level under 70 decibels despite having a bigger motor. It also has greater precision due to its more precise grind stepless adjustment dial. This stepless adjustment dial is isolated from the rest of the grinder. This means you can alter the coffee grinder’s settings more smoothly with easier access while avoiding the risk of clogging up the works with finely ground coffee particles.
When you change the grind size, you will also need to alter the timer accordingly. With its 320-watt motor operating at 1650 rpms, this grinder has an output of 2.3 to 2.8 g/s. It only has a variance of 0.2 to 0.3 g in its grind retention per dose due to a redesigned internal burr chamber that is super tight and uses grind sweepers. The direct grinding path adds extra cleanliness that prevents you from having to sweep up after your crucial morning coffee ritual.
The Eureka Oro Mignon XL coffee grinder is best for grinding espresso as there is a reasonably noticeable grind distribution regarding brewing filter coffee. A hopper shutoff valve allows you to remove unused beans to maintain their freshness or to brew in single doses each time without making too much coffee. You can’t waste coffee – it’s a crime!
Value For Money – 4/5
The Eureka Oro Mignon XL is up there as a high-costing, high-quality coffee grinder. It is not the most expensive, especially compared to the Eureka Atom 75 which surpasses a whopping grand. Still, the Eureka Oro Mignon XL is valued at just under one thousand dollars. This is a pretty high investment to take into account when purchasing your newest grinder.
The Eureka Oro Mignon XL is good but not the best. You need to know what you’re doing and how you want to get it done to optimize this espresso grinder’s full features. For the pricing and complexities, we took off one point.
Things we liked:
- Advanced features for dampening grinding noise.
- Home barista workstation is included.
- Touchscreen interface is easy-to-use.
Things we didn’t like:
- Not a budget-friendly affordable pick.
- Not the most ideal for coarse grinds.
- Takes up more space than other Eureka coffee grinders.
Do Not Buy If…
- You’re on a budget: As fantastic as the Eureka Oro Mignon XL is, it may not be the most practical pick for those looking for affordable coffee grinders on a budget. It is valued at nearly one thousand dollars, and the Eureka Mignon Specialita, on the other hand, is valued at just over half of that. Not only that, but there is a greater diversity of color options to better suit your overall kitchen aesthetic, including matte black, white, chrome, and red offerings. It may only have burrs that are 55 mm in diameter compared to the 65 mm diamond-interior ones of the Eureka Oro Mignon XL. However, the Eureka Mignon Specialista does everything similarly at a greater value for your money.
- You like to keep things simple: With the Eureka Oro Mignon XL, paying attention to the coffee and espresso grinds you wish to set with your coffee grinder is essential. It is also key to keeping track of all the necessary components to ensure a good workflow. If that seems like way too much hassle, then you’re likely better off going for the Niche Zero. The Niche Zero coffee grinder offers a fresh new aesthetic with stylish oak features compared to the classic iconic Eureka look with single-dosing coffee and espresso. Its purpose is to make your workflow consistent, clean, and easy. Just set it and forget it. Plus, it’s much cheaper.
The Eureka Oro Mignon XL coffee grinder is the high-quality choice for you if you want a user-friendly and sensory-sensitive coffee grinding experience. With its advanced noise-dampening technology, easy-to-use touchscreen interface, and a home barista workstation included, you’ll be an espress-pro in no time with this quick and quiet grinder!
Keep in mind the Eureka Oro Mignon XL is not the cheapest pick, nor the most ideal for coarse grinds, and it is larger in weight and size than other Eureka offerings. In the end, it all comes down to personal preference when choosing the best newest grinder for you.
- Grant, T. (2021, November 24). Cleaning and maintaining your coffee grinder. Retrieved December 6, 2022, from https://perfectdailygrind.com/2021/11/cleaning-and-maintaining-your-coffee-grinder/
- Mott, J. (2021, June 28). Coffee grinder burrs: What should home consumers look for? Retrieved December 6, 2022, from https://perfectdailygrind.com/2021/06/coffee-grinder-burrs-what-should-home-consumers-look-for/
- Stanley, Z. (2022, November 1). How has grinder technology developed to preserve coffee freshness? Retrieved December 6, 2022, from https://perfectdailygrind.com/2022/11/how-has-grinder-technology-developed-to-preserve-coffee-freshness/