What is a café Americano? It is made by adding hot water to an espresso shot. The water dilutes the espresso a bit, giving you the volume of a drip, but with an espresso taste. Read on to learn how to make the perfect tasting Americano yourself!
- 14–18 grams espresso coffee beans
- hot or almost boiling water
- espresso machine
- Measure out your beans for a double shot. Grind them really fine.
- Tamp the beans, then put the portafilter into its spot on the machine.
- Make the espresso.
- Heat up the water to 70-76 degrees Celsius.
- Pour the espresso into the hot water, mix 1 part espresso to 2 parts water.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 1 kcal
Keywords: American Drinks