How To Make Viennexican Coffee
If you’ve been craving a quick and easy coffee challenge and a break in your normal coffee routine, we’ve found the answer: Viennexican coffee.
Easy to make yet intense to drink, this wild recipe will push your coffee experience to a whole new level.
It’s perfect for anything from a novelty drink to enjoy and discuss with guests, to simply a break from your daily cup a joe, sipped and enjoyed in the silence of the morning.
If you are craving a break in your coffee routine, we have the answer: Viennexican coffee. Easy to make yet intense to drink, this wild recipe is all you need!
- 1 cup coffee
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- whipped cream optional
Brew the coffee
Heat up the milk
Add the warmed milk and whipping cream to the coffee along with the orange and vanilla extracts, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, brown sugar, and cocoa powder
Mix it up
Optional: Add a dollop of whipped cream on top of the drink
What is Viennexican Coffee?
In its very essence, “Viennexican” coffee brings together two very different worlds into one drink.
First, there’s Viennese coffee, a rich coffee with a kick that combines the strength of espresso with the luxury of whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
Then, there’s Mexican cuisine, whose drinks are often herb-based and can be fruity, spicy, and even rich and chocolaty.
You’ll find both of these intense flavor profiles present here.
How to Make Viennexican Coffee
This is one of those recipes where gathering the ingredients will take almost as long as making the drink!
Buckle up. This one’s an adventure and a half.
Items You'll Need
- A saucepan
- A cup
- You can replace the milk and whipping cream with any other milk-based ingredient you’d like. Have fun, and experiment with it!
- You can also replace the brown sugar with molasses as an alternative sweetener.
- By far the strongest ingredient here is the cinnamon, and, to many drinkers, it can simply be too strong of a flavor. You may want to add a smaller amount of cinnamon initially and slowly add more until you get the right amount for you.
- Brew your coffee. This one is entirely up to you. Whatever your preference is, go ahead and brew it! Make a pot of pour over, fill up your French press, turn on the coffee maker – whatever floats your boat!
- Heat up the milk (optional, but will help to keep your coffee hot). While your coffee is brewing, gently heat up the whole milk and heavy whipping cream in your saucepan over low heat. Since it’s a small amount, it will likely take less than a minute. Turn off the heat once you see steam rising.
- Add the warmed milk and whipping cream to the coffee along with the orange and vanilla extracts, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, brown sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Once everything is in the cup, mix it up until it reaches a uniform, smooth consistency.
- Don’t forget the whipped cream! Add a dollop on top of the drink for a perfect garnish (optional).
- Try preheating your mug with hot water to help keep your drink extra hot!
Take a sip of this Spicy drink
This one has a lot of spices and strong flavors, and it can be a bit of a challenge for many traditional coffee drinkers to experience.
Of course, that intensity in no way detracts from the quality of the drink.
It’s a great cup of coffee that is worth trying. It’s an adventure in a cup!
Let us know what you think of it. With so many flavors at play, we need to hear the full rundown of your experience. Comment and let us know!