Cortado Recipe: Honey Bee Variation
We’ve all woken up from a rough night of sleep and scrounged around for any drop of coffee we could find. In those moments, the focus is one thing: quantity.
But not every coffee-drinking experience should revolve around that primal, “survival” attitude, should it? After all, coffee can be a very sophisticated drink.
Have you ever found yourself craving something different? Perhaps a smaller, higher-quality cup of coffee? Something delicate, carefully brewed and made to be sipped, not chugged?
If that sounds like what you’re after, you need to try this honey bee cortado recipe.
Honey Bee Cortado
Have you ever found yourself craving something delicate, carefully brewed and made to be sipped, not chugged? The cortado is an incredible drink that reminds us that life doesn’t always have to revolve around the “bigger is better” concept.
- 2 shots espresso
- steamed milk same amount as the coffee
- 1/4 oz vanilla syrup
- 1/4 oz honey syrup
Brew a double shot of espresso
Steam the milk
Add in the vanilla and honey syrups to the coffee and mix it up
Add the milk into the coffee/syrup mixture
What is a Cortado?
So, what is a cortado? Cortado is a Spanish word that means “chopped” or “cut”, so simply put, a cortado is an espresso that has been “cut” by an equal amount of steamed milk.
That’s it! Simple and sweet. You can find out more about the cortado here!
The cortado is an incredible drink that reminds us that life doesn’t always have to revolve around the “bigger is better” concept.
Sometimes a four-ounce cortado brewed to perfection can do way more than that super-sized, grande, supremo, gallon-sized mug of crap you can get at the drive-through.
Can we get an amen?
How to Make a Honey Bee Cortado
Remember, this is a “quality-focused” drink, so take your time and brew it up carefully.
We’ll take you step by step through the process below, so you can learn exactly how to make a cortado.
What You'll Need
- Brew a double shot of espresso.
- Steam the milk. You’ll want an equal amount of, or just a little bit more milk than your coffee here (just enough to “cut” it).
- Once your espresso is ready, add in the vanilla and honey syrups and mix it up!
- Once the milk is steamed, add it into the coffee/syrup mixture.
- Sit down, relax, and enjoy!
- Here’s a quick video on brewing a great espresso, if you’re a bit rusty on the process.
- Now, steamed milk is different than frothed or foamed milk. It is less about body and thickness, and more about the texture and flavor. Here’s a video on how to properly steam milk.
- When you add the milk, why don’t you practice some latte art!
And there you have it! If you’ve made it this far you should have a deliciously sweet cortado in hand. Nice job!
Remember to sip it slowly, as the name of the game here is taste, texture, and overall experience – not inhaling it at lightning speed.
This is NOT a large cup of drive-through crap! It’s coffee at its finest.
If you care to share, we’d appreciate it! Also, please comment and let us know how your own experience went.